Massachusetts Tax Law Attorney
Tax law impacts virtually every legal decision we make. Business law and other legal areas intersect with tax law in important ways, making a thorough knowledge of federal and applicable state tax law essential for an attorney. A knowledgeable tax law attorney can assist you with all of your tax problems.
The law office of Laura Anastasia Brown, offers clients both legal advice and tax assistance in one streamlined process. Attorney Laura Anastasia Brown holds an advanced law degree — a Masters of Laws — in Taxation from Boston University School of Law in addition to her J.D. from Suffolk University Law School and her B.S. in Business Administration from Boston University's School of Business Management. She provides clients with cost effective, practical counsel in a variety of legal and tax concerns.
Knowledgeable Tax, Business and Municipal Counsel
Attorney Laura Brown focuses her practice on tax law and business law, including:
- IRS representation at every step of an audit or resolution of a tax controversy
- Massachusetts Department of Revenue representation either separately or in conjunction with an IRS case
- Dealing with the IRS or DOR, an overwhelming and often scary process, but an attorney can help at every step of an audit or resolution of a tax controversy
- Massachusetts taxes and suspension of driver's license : unpaid taxes means suspension of license by the DOR
- Criminal tax issues : working with a criminal defense attorney to help defend against criminal tax charges
- Business organization and corporate formation to limit liability and obtain the most favorable tax treatment for your organization
- Business transactions and succession planning, including buying and selling businesses, general counsel, contracts, policies, and planning for transition to the next generation
- Business tax advice, including strategic tax planning and evaluation of the tax consequences of business actions
- Mechanic's liens : contractor payment disputes
- Residential real estate law : buying and selling
- Commercial real estate law : purchase, sale, leasing, investment and tax strategy
- Tax title representation for municipalities, including collection of delinquent taxes
Contact Our Massachusetts Tax Audit Lawyer
To schedule a consultation, call Laura Anastasia Brown, Attorney at Law, in Massachusetts at (781) 871-3111 or contact the firm online.